Responding to the Coronavirus
While we don’t claim to be perfect at dealing with pandemics, here is ABC’s current plan in response to the Coronavirus. Please give us grace and know our plan can change as the Coronavirus fluctuates. We will update you with changes through our Alpine Bible Church app, blog page, Facebook page, text, and email.
As a Church, our desire is not to panic but to carry a healthy and wise response to the virus. We want to especially be mindful of those most at risk, our senior citizens and those with compromised immune systems.
- For the remainder of March, we plan to cancel all formal church gatherings and activities. This includes connection groups, youth group, men’s group and women’s group. We expect groups to resume in April and at this moment we plan to hold our Easter celebration on April 12th. In the meantime, we expect to provide everyone with live Sunday sermons and bible studies online. We are working right now to offer you:
- Live Sunday morning worship through Facebook and YouTube
- A midweek adult bible study lesson
- A youth lesson
- A kid lesson for parents
- Please contact the church if you need help or assistance. We will strive to make sure everyone has adequate assistance getting meds, food, doctors’ visits, etc.
- Email: email@example.com.
- Contact or text Suzie Morton: (801) 427-4497; Wayne Staker (801)885-8719; or Stacy Wall (801) 369-1322
- You can request prayer on the Alpine Bible Church app under the prayer icon at the very bottom of the app or you can contact the church directly (See contact info above).
- Please feel free to reach out to one another during this time. Encourage one another. Pray for one another. Drop a meal off at a door. Be the church.
- In all things we want to point you to Jesus because He is our hope. For believers, God’s word repeatedly speaks to us in times of trouble and uncertainty. While this world is unreliable and temporary, we have a greater hope beyond it all. We have Christ. “He will never leave you nor forsake you” (Hebrews 13:5). Your soul is secure in his hands. Allow the assurance of your salvation in Christ bring you peace and assurance. Psalm 42:11 “Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.”When life feels uncertain, it is a great time to point people to what is certain. Christ! He redeems our troubling times, people need hope. 1 Peter 3:15 “But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. Do this with gentleness and respect”. Look for the Lord to provide you opportunity to share the peace of the Gospel in a world that needs only the certain hope he can provide.