Children’s Ministry Safety Procedures
Our children’s ministry staff has been working diligently to prepare for a safe re-opening of our kid’s classes. We wanted to inform parents and guardians of the expectations we desire to maintain in our classrooms. Please read through the following safety guidelines and procedures and let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
1. Keep Sickness at home
- We ask that if your child has any of the following symptoms that you please keep them home
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- All volunteers will have their temperature checked upon arrival to ensure safety when leading the kids.
The latest Utah state health guidelines place Utah county in the highest transmission risk category and requires the strictest prevention guidelines. For protection against the spread of the virus and in submission to governing authorities, we are asking that everyone 4 and above to wear a facemask during their time in the building.
3. Classroom setting
- Classroom leaders will encourage respectful distancing
- Classroom leaders will discourage the sharing of items that are difficult to clean or disinfect
- Adequate supplies will be provided to minimize sharing
4. Cleaning and Disinfection
- Parents/guardians must sanitize their hands before touching iPads for the new check-in procedure
- All leaders will be trained on enhanced cleaning protocols
- Children will be required to sanitize hands upon arrival
- Children will be required to sanitize hands before participating in group activities, eating, or drinking
- Classroom leaders will clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces throughout class time and in between services
- All toys will be sanitized during class time and in between services
All cleaning products will remain out of reach of children